Warranty and Support
There is nothing better than relaxing in a swimming pool in the warmth of summers and if the pool is available in the comfort of your own home, the delight proliferates to multiple folds. Swimming pool owners can relate to that. However, it is not an easy task to own a swimming pool. Cleaning a pool can be a tedious job as these pools might not be used throughout the year and when the season comes, too much debris and bacteria would have already consumed the pool. Scrubbing such pools can prove to be dreadful. In that case, a swimming pool owner needs a trusted automatic pool cleaner to be saved from the strenuous chore.
When looking for such a pool cleaner, the Hayward RC9990 TigerShark Quick Clean Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner is worth considering. It is an automatic robotic pool cleaner that is manufactured by Hayward. Hayward is an American company that has been producing residential and commercial swimming pool and spa equipment for over 80 years. It is one of the top-rated firms in America when it comes to equipment related to swimming pools and spas. Among such hardware and tools, it produces a plethora of automatic pool cleaner series.
One of these series of automatic pool cleaners is TigerShark. The TigerShark series of automatic pool cleaners comprise of three models: RC9950 TigerShark Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner, RC9955 TigerShark Plus Robotic Cleaner with Remote Control, and RC9990 TigerShark Robotic Cleaner with Quick Clean Technology. Here we will look at the Hayward RC9990.
Quick Clean Technology
The most amazing feature of the Hayward RC9990 TigerShark that really sets it apart from other brands of pool cleaners and other series of Hayward pool cleaners is the Quick Clean technology. This technology allows the automatic pool cleaner to cycle through the entire pool and give it a fine scrub in just 90 minutes. Although not as thorough and meticulous as a standard cycle that may take 3 hours for a 20 x 40 feet swimming pool, the Quick Clean technology can be useful at times when the pool might be needed in a hurry.
Along with the Quick Clean cycle, the Hayward RC9990GR Automatic Pool Cleaner also features a standard 3-hour cycle that thoroughly vacuums and scrubs the entire swimming pool – including the bottom, sides, and the waterline of the pool – leaving a spotless pool with clear water at the end.
Filter Cartridge System
The Hayward RC9990 features a filter cartridge system instead of fabric filter bags. The filter cartridge system works more efficiently compared to the bags and these cartridges are much easier to clean. When the RC9990 TigerShark is done with its job, the cartridges can be removed and cleaned by rinsing them with water using a garden hose.
- The Hayward RC9990 TigerShark QC Automatic Pool Cleaner carries one of the most elegant designs in the pool cleaner market.
- Its dimensions are 19.75 inches in length and width, which signifies its even and square base, while the height of this appliance is 21.5 inches. It weighs about 40 pounds.
- The cleaner has a cord length of 55 feet with its other end attached to the power box. This length makes the cleaner perfect for a 20 x 40 feet swimming pool as the 55-foot long cord allows the Hayward RC9990 TigerShark to reach every corner and thoroughly clean the pool for the highest efficiency.
- The updated model of the Hayward RC9990GR TigerShark pool cleaner is redesigned and has an alluring color combination of azure blue, soft white and metallic black. However, the technology used and the features involved are the same for the previous and newer models. Only the outer design has been revamped. Therefore, whether the new version or the old model are bought, you will get the performance of one of the best pool cleaners in the market.
- The Hayward RC9990 TigerShark pool cleaner is engineered with intelligent technology that enables the cleaner to study and calculate the dimensions and structure of the swimming pool, allowing it to choose the most effective and efficient manner of cleaning it.
- The onboard pump of the TigerShark Robotic Pool Cleaner carries out an intense vacuum which sucks up all the dirt and debris of the pool from the floor, corners, sides and the waterline.
- It runs on an efficient 24-volt motor. The combination of the powerful pump and an impressive motor consumes less energy, which leads to low working costs.
Customer Reviews and Conclusion
The Hayward RC9990 TigerShark Automatic Pool Cleaner has received a rating of 3.9 stars on Amazon from 326 customer reviews. The satisfaction level of the customers of this product seems to be incredible.
With most of the customers, the Hayward RC9990 TigerShark pool cleaner seemed to be working great for two and a half years. Beyond that, its life and efficiency could be brought back by a few replacements in the appliance and the product could last for a good amount of time. A high majority of the customers appreciated the new filter cartridge system in the machine instead of fabric filter bags. They found it easier to remove, rinse and clean the filter cartridges and then replacing them back compared to the hassle with the bags. Its performance in climbing the walls and scrubbing the waterline was found to be exceptional.
However, there were a few frequent problems. Many complained that it could not suck up leaves in the pool as the leaves would block and clog the vacuum. Many people also found its motor belt to be weak and would break after a few years. For a product costing about a $1000, this aspect was not well-received. On the other hand, more than 70% of the customers found it to be a worthy investment.