Warranty and Support
Summary : The Aquabot ABTTJET Turbo T Jet Robotic In-Ground Pool Cleaner has a mild rating from customer reviews. The satisfaction level of the customers according to the reviews has been good but nonchalant and unenthusiastic. Many found this product good, while others complained about it.
Swimming pools are an absolute delight in the summers and owning a pool within the comfort of your home is just splendid. However, owning a pool is a demanding task, whether it is the initial cost of getting swimming pools or the future working costs of its maintenance. Many people trying to reduce their costs tend to clean their pools on their own, but cleaning a pool can be an exasperating task. All that scrubbing and collecting debris can be wearisome for a person. On the other hand, getting an automatic pool cleaner can be expensive with the exorbitant prices of such pool cleaners. However, if you are done with tormenting your body by cleaning the pool and are looking for an automatic pool cleaner with the aim of cost-reduction, the Aquabot ABTTJET Turbo T Jet Robotic In-Ground Pool Cleaner might be the answer to your call.
The Aquabot ABTTJET Turbo T Jet Robotic Pool Cleaner is a fully-automatic pool cleaner that is manufactured by Aquabot. Aquabot is an American-born company that introduced the first robotic pool cleaner in 1982. Now, the company has been acquired by Fluidra, a multinational group of companies that specializes in the construction and maintenance of swimming pools and in the manufacture of all kinds of specialized equipment for water treatment.
Here are some features of its product, Aquabot ABTTJET Turbo T Jet.
Power Washing Jets
The power washing jets are definitely the most amazing feature of the ABTTJET Turbo T Jet Pool Cleaner. This feature directs strong streams of water at the pool surface where some demanding or stubborn debris or algae might be present. The power of the strong streams of water is enough to blast the rough debris from the surface and lift it up in water so that it can be sucked by the vacuum.
These jets are located beneath the body of the ABTTJET and their power wash offers great cleaning to the pool so that there remains a minimum area of the pool that the user might need to scrub if any stains remain.
Filters Down to 2 Microns
The Aquabot ABTTJET has one of the most efficient filter systems. It has two different filter bags. One is a mesh bag that preys on big objects lurking in the pool like leaves and sticks, while the other is a 2-micron filter bag that thoroughly filters objects in the pool at the level of a micron, which means that the bag can capture all sorts of pollutants including bacteria.
With a reduced amount of bacteria in the pool through the usage of this in-ground pool cleaner, one can save notably on the chemicals used for the pool.
- The Aquabot Turbo T Jet Robotic Pool Cleaner has dimensions of 21 inches in length and 19 inches in width, while its height is 18 inches. It weighs around 34 pounds, so it can be carried around easily compared to most pool cleaners.
- It has extra-wide non-marring wheels that enable it to glide over the main drains and many other obstacles in the swimming pool without getting sucked in by the main drain.
- It has only one pump motor, which is an impressive one that generates enough power for; (1) the jet propulsion of the unit in the pool, (2) unleashing strong streams of filtered water at stubborn debris for the power wash, and (3) providing an incredible suction power to collect the debris at fast speed.
- The Aquabot Turbo T Jet Pool Cleaner can suck and filter 75 gallons per minute.
- It has a long 50-foot floating cable that is prevented from getting tangled by the E-Z Swivel device.
- The cable is attached to the power supply box which, in turn, is attached to a GCFI power outlet.
- It has a convenient 2-hour long cleaning cycle and another option of continuous run.
- The few moving parts of the ABTTJET Turbo T Jet makes the unit one of the easiest pool cleaners to handle since there are no heavy replacements needed.
- This robotic in-ground pool cleaner is perfect for residential in-ground gunite pools of almost any shape: rectangle, oval, lap, L-shaped, or kidney. It can even climb the walls of the pools if the junction pool surface and walls of the pool are curved.
- The product has a warranty of 2 years from Aquabot.
Customer Reviews and Conclusion
The Aquabot ABTTJET Turbo T Jet Robotic In-Ground Pool Cleaner has a mild rating of 3.1 stars out of 5 on Amazon from 158 customer reviews. The satisfaction level of the customers according to the reviews has been good but nonchalant and unenthusiastic. Many found this product good, while others complained about it.
Some customers complained that the product does not climb walls in their pools as it is supposed to do. Most of these cases were with people with kidney-shaped swimming pools. The most frequent complaint was about Aquabot’s customer service. Many of the customers found its service to be extremely poor. One customer mentioned that his unit had problems after the first month of use, so he tried contacting Aquabot for getting his unit repaired. He called Aquabot’s customer service thrice in three weeks and every time, he was told that he would receive a call later from the firm, but the call never came.
Many customers said that although the speed of the unit in water is impressive and can cover up to 5000 sq ft in an hour, it is not useful since the bot does not do good cleaning at that speed.
However, the Aquabot ABTTJET Turbo T Jet Robotic In-Ground Pool Cleaner is an economical pool cleaner. This unit does its job fine when compared to its cost.